Thursday, September 29, 2016

Whole 30 Update: It's almost over!!

Wow, time flies when you're not eating your favorite foods, I guess. So much for the weekly post with amazing reports on my Whole30 progress! Oh well. More important things in life are going on. Like this.

I have been having terrible, guilty dreams about eating ice cream bars and baking cookies and sneaking around eating candy behind Jamie's back. I don't even want ice cream bars or cookies. I just want some damn bread and cheese.

Things I've noticed since being on the Whole30 for more than three weeks:
  • I do seem to have more energy (but maybe this is because I'm getting sufficient amounts of sleep and exercise).
  • My farts are no longer atomic (this is wonderful, and it was expected. Curse you, cheese).
  • Even when I'm hungry I don't feel faint (hooray for sufficient amounts of protein).
  • I'm pretty sure I've lost a couple of pounds and I'm back to my "normal" weight.
  • My skin and allergies have not improved in the slightest
  • I feel like the worst kind of person when I have to explain to people that I'm on a diet. It makes social situations awkward and I don't like it.
  • I'm sick and tired of having to plan out every single meal
  • I'm sick and tired of having to do more than cook eggs and toast bread for breakfast. Everything else takes way too much time.
On Wednesday I start my reintroduction... You try a different food group once every couple of days to see how it affects you. On Wednesday I'm planning on "huevos rancheros" (minus the tortilla), peanut butter, and tofu at dinner. On Saturday I'm going to have tortilla chips (YES) and rice. On Tuesday I'm eating CHEESE and YOGURT and maybe a wee bit of ICE CREAM... and finally, on Friday I will GET SOME FRIGGIN TOAST WITH MY EGGS. That's all I really want. Toast with my eggs. And the occasional sandwich with lots and lots of cheese. Oh, and wine. I have really really missed wine.

After that? Well, I have lofty goals of continuing to plan all of my meals, baking one loaf of bread to eat per week, saving sweets for special occasions, you know, being in total and complete control of my life. What I think I will actually continue is the increase in protein and veggies. I do like to have meat & vegetables for dinner, and I like to have them for lunchtime leftovers. I think I'll just like them even more with things like rice and cheese and tortilla chips.

All-in-all, it's been a fun experiment! Not a miracle-cure, I didn't learn anything I didn't already know, but I don't regret it at all. By now I'm tired of talking about it and thinking about it and dealing with it. There are plenty of other people who don't ever seem to get tired of talking about fancy diets. I sure do.

Till next time,
♥ Ciara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!