Sunday, September 11, 2016

Whole 30 Update: Week 1, Day 6

This week I've eaten: 10 drumsticks, 3 chicken breasts, 1 pound of ground beef, 2 pork chops, prosciutto, a can of olives, a bunch of chard, kale, and romaine, 7 carrots, broth, cherry tomatoes, 16 or so eggs, 3 yams, asparagus, green beans, potatoes, brussel sprouts, a couple of peaches, and LOTS of spices, broth, tomato sauce, and ghee.

And I feel great.

The biggest challenge is just planning ahead. We went to brunch at a friends and offered to bring a compliant sausage egg casserole, which is all we ate aside from fruit and coffee. I find that I tend to be hungry all morning and fine for the rest of the day (normally my hungriest times are right before lunch and between the hours of 3-6). I find that I have relied on bread to fill me up in the past. I find that I really like chard for breakfast, but I do miss toast with my eggs. I was afraid that all of the meat would give me stomachaches, but my farts have been minimal (for once!) and my gut has not given me any trouble (except for morning ravenousness. I could literally eat all morning and not be full, it feels like).

I really like the lack of gastrointestinal troubles. I really like all the vegetables. I really like having lots of energy (but that also has to do with going to bed earlier and going to the gym). I really missed out on mimosas at brunch. I crave crackers when it's after my bed time and I wanted popcorn at the movies but really, it's been manageable.

So far, so good!

I'm nervous about going back to non-Whole30 life. Will we keep buying copious amounts of meat? (Actually we are still working on all the Costco multi-packs of meat I bought last weekend). Will I go back to eating bread all day? What will I do during the holidays? My biggest fear is that I'll just go back to eating whatever after a couple of months, and go back to feeling sluggish and uncomfortable.

This week has flown by, with school and work both picking up the pace. I think the next three weeks will also zoom past me and before I know it I'll be reintroducing all the foods I miss.

I'll keep you posted on my progress! ;)

♥ Ciara Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!