Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Podcast Roundup // Spirituality & Theology

Oh the wonderful world of Podcasts! You always get me through my days! Here are some of my spiritual gurus in the podcast world.

The Liturgists // (not necessarily family-friendly) Science Mike and Michael Gungor tackle the big issues in our culture and in our faith through the lenses of art and science. This podcast helped me SO much through a really difficult time in my own faith, and they have helped thousands on the fringe of evangelical Christianity feel less alone. This is an artfully produced, thoughtful podcast that I recommend to anyone and everyone, even if you aren't a Christian.

Persuasion // Erin Straza and Hannah Anderson co-host this podcast which covers a wide range of topics on pop culture, current events, and trends from a Christian perspective. They also have the occasional guest which is always fun. I appreciate how fair they are to all perspectives and parties involved in their topic every episode, and they always choose very interesting things to talk about.

The Practice Podcast // Essentially a sermon podcast by Willow Creek Chapel in Illinois, the Pratice Podcast focuses on the "unforced rhythms of grace." They rotate their speakers and discuss different spiritual practices for you to try and the Biblical bases for those practices, with a focus on liturgy. I highly recommend the episode on Sabbath with Rabbi Evan Moffic (episode 21 on iTunes) for starters.

Sacred Ordinary Days // Jenn Giles Kemper and Lacy Clark Ellman co-host this gem of a podcast. Jenn and Lacy have conversations about the Liturgical Year and share old and new ways to celebrate the seasons. If you have any interest in a more liturgical or traditional spirituality, this is a wonderful place to start for the modern Christian. I also can't recommend enough digging in to some of the free resources and videos on the main website - I use a lot of the tools in the Essentials Workbook in my Bullet Journal. Here is a great walkthrough of the whole planner system, and you can get the Essentials Workbook by signing up for the newsletter (link at the bottom of the page).

What are your favorite spirituality podcasts?
♥ Ciara Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!