Saturday, March 19, 2016

Utah Bound Part 2: What I'm Doing and What You Can Do


Coral Pink Sand Dunes Park, photo by S Beardsley

Hey, so a little update over here about my upcoming trip to Utah this May! The group I'm going with had a little meeting about what and when and where and all of the logistics... here are a few of the exciting things we get to do:
  • Visit the Thunderbird Foundation, Zion National Park, Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park, Red Canyon Dixie National Forest, Bryce Canyon State Park, AND a few of us will be visiting the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary to work and sketch (I'll be working with horses!)
  • Painting and sketching at different times of the day each day
  • Lecture about Maynard Dixon's work at the Thunderbird Foundation
  • Hiking and adventuring in the desert
I can't wait!! And, I want to share the whole trip with you! I am planning on doing very short little daily videos or blog posts when I'm on the trip, and of course sharing all of the art and sketches I make after the fact, but there are a few other things I'm excited about... namely the zine thing.

THE ZINE THING

My big project post-trip will be to make a snazzy little travel/art zine, full of journaling and art and scrapbook stuff, full color, 30 or so pages, 5.5"X8.5", packed with awesome.

If you'd like one, please please buy one! Pre-sale price is $10 per zine (plus $3 S&H or free local pick-up). Pre-order your copy now using that little paypal button over there on the side! ------->

This trip is not cheap! Every little bit helps so much, and every person who purchases a pre-sale copy will have their name in the thank-you's of the zine!

Other ways you can get involved and help out:

  • Share this post with a friend who likes art of Utah/the American Southwest
  • Buy an original from my Buffalo Show (take a look over here and then e-mail me with inquiries!)
  • Buy a print from my Buffalo Show (on Etsy)
  • Sponsor a plein-air piece ($150 - includes the finished piece itself, a postcard from Utah, and a copy of the zine. Please e-mail me for a spot! 1/3 available)

"Normal" Life Update

Things have been crazy busy for me this semester... I'm taking a full load of classes (two art classes, hooray!) and work has been insane. Plus there's the whole start-of-the-year fiasco I haven't fully recovered from. But I'm halfway through the semester and ready to finish strong! I'll be sharing some of my work from my classes here eventually, but you can always follow along on Instagram!

If you're still with me at this point in this post, I just want to say THANK YOU. It's been so weird for me since the start of this year, I've felt very out-of-sorts and not quite myself. It's been hard for me to finish anything outside of school assignments and work obligations, and I really appreciate anyone who is still paying any attention to me over here with my Buffalo fetish. It means a lot. Leave a comment! If that's all you can or want to do, that would still be a huge encouragement to me to know that you care. ♥

Ciara

2 comments:

  1. I so look forward to seeing your work, and I'll definitely share. Blessings on your journey, your work, and all things soul-nurturing!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!